I'm still finishing the second half of the Medium-Long way to work post but I've got the politic bug so I need to share it.
I fucking hate the Conservative Party of Canada. I also think their supporters are ignorant, complacent goofs. I think all of the parties are comprised of shifty people, but the Conservatives are just gross. So, by proxy the people who elect them are also gross people. What I really don't understand though are the people who shrug the election off or have the mentality that because the other options aren't overly appealing that we should continue to put up with a crooked government. Here's my analogy of politics in Canada in this stage of the game:
You have in front of you 4 boxes. One of them is open and has been visible to you for about 5.5 years. The other boxes are closed but there are slight indicators of what's inside. The first one though, the open one, is filled to the brim with vile human shit. You can see it, you can smell it, you've had it sent to the lab and the results came back "shit".
Now you're given a choice between them as to which box you have to take home with you. You could of course not choose any but no matter what, one of these boxes is going to sit in your house with you. Examining the boxes you can clearly see that there are flaws in all of them. The three closed boxes all smell pretty bad and may have some trash looming about at the bottom. But! Given that you know for sure the fourth is topped up with fecal matter, choosing anyone of the other boxes is the obvious and clear choice.
Even if the other boxes are also topped with shit the decision to actively remove the open one s still the best. You already have mountains of evidence that it's loaded up with shit and logically the only place that shit is going to end up is all over you. It's much better to take the gamble one of the remaining three.
This is especially true considering the remaining three boxes don't currently have multiple turds involved in RCMP investigations floating on the top.
Wonderful analogy.
ReplyDeleteI wonder which box we will get this election? Probably the shit one
ReplyDelete