I woke up at 1:30 am to drive my mom and her friends to the airport in Toronto. It was pissing rain the entire drive making it almost impossible to see the lines that divide the lanes on the QEW and 427. Urine was literally showering down on Ruby. Soft, golden piss-rain.
When I got home about an hour ago I wasn't tired enough to return to sleep so I watched a bit of a war documentary called Restrepo and now I'm in that really fucked up state where you know you need to sleep and you know you'll probably end up crashing around 7:00 am and ruining your day but your body just wants to sit on the couch and eat pizza.
Today is day one of my 6 week insanity program. I kind of feel like I already messed today up by being awake at this hour but what can you do? Today's agenda is pretty relaxed as far as complexity is concerned. I have some wordpress tutorials and then some site building and then some design theory reading. I'll just do what I can and not stress about the time wasted, or more likely I will stress and feel really guilty for not being a better, more productive person and also disgusting for eating pizza at 4:30 am. That said, after seeing a few recent photos of myself I could probably stand to eat some extra pizza. I look like I have AIDS in the face. This is what I look like at 5:00 am on the the PhotoBooth cam today:

I do actually eat, it just seems like I don't. I know I have an eating disorder, but it's an ordered-disorder. I refuse to be in the 96% even if that means I start to look like Tom Hanks in Philadelphia. You know, the movie where he's a kid who makes a wish at a carnival and then gets AIDS from performing an unprotected dance on a giant floor keyboard... Philadelphia.
These posts over then next 6 weeks will be pretty short. I've allotted a very specific amount of time that I need to stick too. Today will be a bit of an exception because of the strangeness involved.
Yesterday Mary and I baked some experimental Yeast-Scones. The scone part was just ok to me. The yeast made the dough a little too bread-like and I prefer more of a tea-biscuit texture. We made up some weird combos like Marshmallow-Chai and Spicy Hot-chocolate powder and coffee glaze. There was also a fluffernutter and a bunch that involved maple syrup. I sent most of them with Mary to let her friends at school pick out which ones were the best. I don't think there were flavorful enough. Maybe the peanut butter ones but the others that I tasted like the chai and the coffee just tasted like scones. I'll have to wait and see. I think next time I'll skip the yeast so that they're more of a biscuit. I have a few ideas on savory ones too but they're a secret.
Ok now it's officially time for sleep.
I'm not very big on hip-hop music, especially anything after 1998. This song is the greatest hip-hop song ever made and nothing that has come after it is even close except maybe Ice Cube's "You Can Do It".
No comments:
Post a Comment