When Mary and I go for pho I put the hot red chili sauce into my tea. It seems counter-intuitive to add hot sauce to tea but trust me it's fucking amazing. I've started to drink that here at home too during the day while I tutorialize. It has to be the red sauce in the tall bottle with the green cap and the picture of a rooster on the side. It's the only way to fly.
I decided to change 3D programs mid-stream from Maya to Cinema 4D. 4D has a better user interface and I'm more likely to fuck around on it until I master it. Maya was too much like the kind of software you would use while working in a factory, programming a CNC router. I know how much you all care about this and just how interesting this is.
Yesterday's post was a little ranty. I get that way on Monday's because that's when I read Neurologica and Skeptic North. Sorry bout that.
I eat a lot of raw cabbage. Seriously, a lot. I'm addicted to it like a chain smoker. I chain-chew cabbage. I like steamed cabbage too but munching on a big slice of the raw is really ideal. I discovered this based on my parallel love of cheap Iceberg Salad from Fresh Express. It has the little bits of red cabbage in there and I found myself picking it out and eating it individually as a side to the salad. I tried out both the red and the regular white/green and I find the white/green is tastier and cheaper and slightly less in calories.
I love vegetables. I never thought I would until I actually started to eat slowly and savor every bite of food. My favorite isn't actually the cabbage. I love the cabbage and I need a daily dose but the ultimate has to be baked parsnips. They taste like french-fries dipped in sugar. That's the natural flavor of them without oils, or butter's or being fried. I first had them back in October for Thanksgiving Dinner. Since then I've had them at least once a week along with beets, turnip, cabbage, green beans, asparagus, carrots and a whole host of non-corn, non-potato veggies.
Every new vegetable I try I seem to love. I just had some raw Bok Choi the other day and it was delicious, like a cross between a bean-sprout and cabbage. The grocery store has so much shit I want to try. Like the long dink-looking things with the nubbins on the end, or the fat dink-looking thing with the other nubbins on the end. As long as it's dink-looking with nubbins I need it in me.
I'm going to be moving this blog onto my own site shortly when it's done. This is kind of a risky move because I'll be using that site as my online portfolio and so potential employers will be able to read about my looniness. I'm not that bothered by it because really, if someone doesn't want to hire me based on anything they read from me then they probably aren't going to be the kind of people I would enjoy working with. Maybe I should start writing more about my life as a designer.
I hate the word designer. I hate the term graphic designer even more. When I tell people that's what I do I can always see the eyes begin to roll and the their mouths start to form the words, "Oh really? What Starbuck's do you work at?" before holding back and settling for something like "that's interesting." If I were to go on what part of the industry I spent the majority of my working life in it would be logo design. I hate the word logo too. It sounds cheap and amateur to me. I wish I could get away with calling myself a Brand Architect or Corporate Identity Engineer, but even that sounds cheap. I would like to just settle for "I work in branding" or even "I work on a computer". Nice, basic and accurate.
I never did get paid by the way. I haven't said anything or heard anything. I still own the logos that all of the companies I designed for think they own. I was contemplating sending the boss an invoice at the end of this month but I still don't know.
... I just got back from my sister's place where it was my niece's 16th birthday party. We had this strawberry flakey cake thing. It was amazing. There were a ton of people there too which was nice. I rarely talk to anyone at these things. I know everyone because that's where we have the family gatherings but I feel like I don't quite fit in. I get the same way when I'm around my aunts and uncles too. I talked a bit tonight but for the most part I just stand around in whatever room isn't in use and wait until it's time to go. They have two monster dogs, a snake and 2 cats. they had 4 cats three weeks ago but two went out and didn't come back... It's sad but not really. The real highlight for me was that I didn't realize I had to go so I was just wearing a t-shirt with no undershirt in front of people. This was a bold, bold move.
question: "What do you do?"
answer: "I work at a desk."
Song of the day:
i'd send the invoice - what do you have to loose
ReplyDelete